Sunday, May 15, 2011

'I made weight loss a priority': Jordin Sparks on how she managed to shed 30lbs




When a bikini-clad American Idol winner Jordin Sparks posted a picture of her newly svelte figure online it trended on Twitter. Now the star has revealed how she managed to shed more than 30lbs.
The singer told Ryan Secrest that she decided to prioritised her weight loss, instead of just talking about it.
'Instead of just talking about being active, I made it a priority,' she explained.
Looking good: Jordin Sparks shows off her new body on Twitter after losing more than 30lbs; she puts her weight loss down to finally deciding to make it 'a priority'
Looking good: Jordin Sparks shows off her new body on Twitter after losing more than 30lbs; she puts her weight loss down to finally deciding to make it 'a priority'

'I was talking to somebody and then we just decided we would be friends, and it was one of those things where I was turning 21 and New Year's was coming and it was like I'm not going to start my resolution on New Years day, I'm going to try to start it early and just stick to it.'
Before her weight loss: A fuller figured Jordin
Before her weight loss: A fuller figured Jordin
Jordin also revealed that she nearly didn't post the now infamous weight-loss picture.
'the funny thing was I just wanted to lay outside and I took a pic of the bathing suit cause I mixed and matched it and I was like, "oh this looks good! Should I post it, should I not?"
'There was a little internal war going on... but it was for me personally a huge step cause if you would’ve asked me six months ago if I would’ve posted a picture, I would’ve said no, no, never.'
Quizzed over whether reports that a breakup sparked her weightloss she said only: 'well if I had revenge, I hope it worked.'
Jordin is busy promoting her new single, I Am Women, which she performed last night at Idol.
She told Seacrest: 'It’s one of those songs that as soon as I heard it, I was like "are you serious? You’re playing this song for me?"
'I was so surprised no one had taken it yet.'
She said it had taken a long time to find her perfect single.
'I’ve been recording since January and I couldn’t find the right thing and then that song came along and it was the exact thing I wanted to say, and that side of me has always been there it just hadn’t been let out yet.'


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn she lookin good....super fine

Anonymous said...

Still NOT hot.

Anonymous said...

Wow, she looks great!

Anonymous said...

lookin real good. she dont need to lose anymore wieght

Anonymous said...

LOL @ person who posted at 12:20, I bet you're fat and depressed.

Anonymous said...

I think she looks better thick

Unknown said...

She looks great!

Anonymous said...

She looks great. No need to lose anymore weight.

Anonymous said...

Great job just tone it up and you're better than ever fyi...I think you're great either way :)

Anonymous said...

I love her stomach. Shes beautiful either way.

Anonymous said...

LMMFAO! @ 12:30, 12:20 is mosdef hate'n she's a very pretty girl & she looks great...

Anonymous said...

She's not saying how she lost tha weight

Anonymous said...

she definitely looks good...it's not even arguable...

kevin said...

im wit 12:33 she looks better thick

Anonymous said...

Jordin Sparks is fine period no matter what she weigh, she is just one of them girls who look good skinny or thick!

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am