Friday, June 11, 2010

LaLa Vasquez "Basketball Wives" She’s Better Than That!!!


Who’s your best friend in the industry?
Kelly Rowland and Ciara. I’ve known both of them the longest. I’m also very close with Trina, I’m close with Solange. There’s quite a bit.

Will any of them be your Maid of Honor?
They’ll all be at my wedding. My Maid of Honor is my cousin, Dice, who grew up with me in the same house. We’ve been through everything.

What about bridesmaids?
We’re not having any bridesmaids. We’re having a kind of non-traditional wedding. We’re just keep it simple with one maid of honor and one best man. Nothing we’ve done thus far has been traditional.

Will you be having an intimate wedding or huge?
It’s going to be [a] huge [wedding] in New York. July, some time. It wasn’t my decision, it was Melo’s.

Are there certain requests both of you must have for the wedding?
He’s that guy, I’m not that person, I’m pretty simple. He wants red involved in some way and he wants red velvet cake. That’s his I-have-to-have. No one can tell me differently.

Come August, will we be calling you La La Anthony?
I haven’t decided yet. I’ve been talking to my circle about it, but I don’t know yet. Vazquez-Anthony is so long. I really need to think about that and figure it out. I think I’m going to use both because people know me as La La Vazquez. I don’t want to ditch it completely. I’ll probably keep both.

What are your thoughts on the show Basketball Wives?
I think it’s great entertainment and it’s great for Shaunie O’Neal. She had asked me to participate, but it’s just not something for the direction I’m going. But I think it’s a great show, people are glued to the TV.

Would you ever produce a show like that?
Probably not. That show is not who I am. I’m not trying to base my life as a basketball wife. I’m trying to base my life on things outside my relationship as far as my acting, my producing, branding myself. It wouldn’t fit into what I’m trying to do. But what it did for them is amazing.

What advice do you have to celebrity couples to make their relationship work?
Maintain your own and be the person that the other person fell in love with. I thin we have a tendency to settle in our relationships and lose our drive. But you have to stay the person you were that attracted you to that person. Have a life outside that relationship


via http://bit.ly/ahghS5

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am