Friday, February 25, 2011

Shawn Kemp Calls Out Blake Griffin And Diss Him



Shawn Kemp Calls Out Blake Griffin
NBA fans are still buzzing over Los Angeles Clippers star Blake Griffin and his rim-rattling dunks. The phenom memorably jumped over a Kia during dthis year's NBA Slam Dunk contest--while a choir sang "I Believe I Can Fly" in the background. Griffin's thunderous dunks have earned comparisons to another power dunker of the past--1990s Seattle Supersonics forward Shawn Kemp.
Known as "The Reignman," Kemp starred in a few dunk contests of his own and posterized more than his fair share of NBA big men back in his day. But following his Sonic's loss to Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls in the 1996 NBA Finals, and publicized paternity suits and a cocaine addiction, Kemp faded into obscurity.
That is, until now.
Kemp is calling out Griffin's dunk contest performance and claiming that he's still got it, Eddie Kane-style.
“I’m a big Blake Griffin fan, but that dunk at the contest might’ve been the weakest dunk in the dunk contest that I’ve seen in a long time,” Kemp said. “I love the choir and all that stuff was great, but you at least gotta jump over the car, though, right?”
“I’m 41 years old and right now I could do it. Two Smart Cars,” he said.
Whatever, dude...

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am