Monday, June 13, 2011

Kreayshawn On the N-Word



Kreayshawn On the N-Word:
YouTube sensation generated controversy recently over tweeting the n-word while quoting DMX lyrics. The backlash has prompted the rap novelty to explain her position on the use of the word among white rappers and rap fans.
"I never said it in any of my music," Kreayshawn says. "Ever. [You heard it in my music video?] It might have been my sister, V-Nasty 'cause she says it all the time. That's just because she grew up all different. Like, she goes in and out of jail for armed robbery all the time. Like, her mom calls her that. So that's her stuff. Personally, I don't say it in my music. It's not my place but you know, that's her."
"If I'm freestyling and I said it, that's just for that point in time. Any songs I'm writing I don't use it," Kreayshawn continued. "In Oakland, Asian people will call Mexicans that. A Mexican will call a black dude that. A white person will call an Asian that. Everyone calls each other that. I feel like that word is used in the low-income community more than anything. I can see if I was some rich crazy trick and I was just saying this because it's hip-hop. I was raised around this. Me and my sisters were all raised around this. People call me that. But personally I'm not flaunting it around."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am