Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lala On Basketball Wives With Pynk Magazine



Lala On Basketball Wives:
Since moving to New York with her Knicks superstar husband Carmelo Anthony has seemingly avoided the glare of the spotlight. Whether or not that decision has been a conscious one, Lala says that she doesn't want to be branded a basketball wife--for reality TV purposes or otherwise. Mrs. Anthony wants everyone to remember that she is a career woman--not a trophy.
“I was offered a spot on the show. I turned it down," she told Pynk magazine. "I have absolutely nothing against basketball wives, the show 'Basketball Wives,' or anything like that. But I pride myself in being more than just a basketball wife. I understand that’s something that I am, but that’s not a title that I want to define me. I’d rather be known as a mom, a businesswoman, a producer, an actress, a TV host. I just felt like that didn’t fit who I was and where my career was trying to go.”

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am