Thursday, August 18, 2011

David Banner Impressed By Justin Bieber



David Banner Impressed By Justin Bieber
David Banner produced the Chris Brown/Justin Bieber collaboration "Ladies Love Me" from Brown's "Boy In Detention" mixtape. Banner says he was 'floored' by Bieber's flow and was impressed by how seriously the young pop star took his rhymes.
“I’m very protective of hip-hop, and I would never produce a song if I didn’t think it was jamming," Banner said. "And Justin Bieber floored everybody in the studio. When I look at the blogs, people are trying to dust it like: ‘Did somebody write it? Was it pro-tools-ed together?’ That boy… I actually wanted the very first take. We ended up doing it again, but he spit the whole verse all the way down non-stop."
"He spit …. It made me feel good because it shows you the effect of [hip-hop] culture," Banner says. "And for him to study and dissect our culture that way… he really has a respect to spend that much time, because that takes practice to be able to spit and rap like that. And I was impressed.”

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am