The Fiscal Facts: Kim Kardashian Made $18 Million on Wedding
Kim Kardashian is a taken woman. The 30-year-old uber reality starlet said “I do” to 26-year-old New Jersey Nets forward Kris Humphries in a wedding Saturday that embodied a trifecta of what the famous family represents: extravagance, celebrity friends, and most of all, endorsement deals.
In fact, The New York Post reports that Kim raked in — not spent — $18 million for publicizing her nuptials. Considering the event has been estimated at a cost of $10 million, it looks like it’s another Kardashian first: Making a huge profit rather than going into debt on what’s supposed to be one of the priciest rites of passage. (Maybe Momager Kris should work for Congress.)
In case you just woke up, here’s a fiscal round-up via the Post on how Kimmie got away with barely paying for the punch bowls:
Payments they received
* $15 million plus profit for four-hour, two-part wedding special on E!
* $2.5 million for exclusive photos with People magazine
* $300,000 for exclusive engagement announcement with People
* $100,000 for exclusive rights to bridal shower with Britain’s OK! mag
* $50,000 to have bachelorette party at Tao in Las Vegas
Stuff they got for free
* $15,000 to $20,000 Hansen’s Bakery wedding cake
* $20,000 Vera Wang wedding dress and fittings
* $40,000 for two more Vera Wang evening dresses
* $400,000 in Perrier Jouet Champagne
* $150,000 in hair and makeup for photo shoots and TV “home video”
* $10,000 in Lehr & Black wedding invitations
* $2 million 20.5-carat engagement ring and $1 million wedding bands by jeweler Lorraine Schwartz. The amount they paid for these items hasn’t been revealed, but it’s much less than their worth.
We can’t help but think that somewhere in the deep recesses of her famous-for-being-famous soul, Paris Hilton is whimpering.
E! will air some footage from Kim and Kris’ wedding tonight at 6 p.m/5c. The two-part special, “Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event,” will air Oct. 9 and 10.