Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Jay Electronica Releasing EP



Jay Electronica Releasing EP
Roc Nation rapper Jay Electronica is working on a collaborative joint EP with Jeymes Samuel. The artists previously worked together on the Bullitts album, They Die By Dawn And Other Short Stories, and have announced they will work together on "Mos Eisley EP."
“The only person that is equally non-linear as me is Jay Electronica,” Samuel offered. “So we’d argue over particular tracks. ‘Run And Hide’ is a track that Jay Electronica produced. He’ll make a track like that, and we’ll both record it. But secretly, I want it for my album. Jay would sample stuff from [movies like] Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory or Superman II. We have the exact same train of thought.”
“What comes out of him musically and where he goes and pulls…it gives me satisfaction to see somebody doing that,” Jay Electronica added. “The end result was something that I liked, and I wanted to be a part of it.”
The project has no official release date as of yet.

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am