Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Jay-Z & Kanye Tension?



Jay-Z & Kanye Tension?
Jay-Z and Kanye West may not be bosom buddies, after all. Rumors are swirling that, days before Watch the Throne hits stores, the superstar rappers' egos are beginning to clash. What could drive a wedge between hip hop's Batman & Robin? You guessed it--money.
"Jay-Z can't deal with Kanye," an insider told Page Six. "Jay is a stone-cold businessman. He wants to recoup all of his money from Live Nation. But Kanye wants to upstage rock stars with a blowout show. He doesn't care about costs. He has a lot less to gain from the shows."
Jay-Z downplayed any animosity between the duo.
"Kanye is a genius. I kind of want to spend a gazillion dollars,” he said. “I think they got it backwards, but it’s all good. I made it. I don’t really... I know that we doing something right now. When I woke up to all of that, I was like, oh yeah, we must be really hot right now. This is really happening. August 8th.”
“Yes, we get on each other’s nerves. But that’s part of pushing each other," Jay added. "We push each other. The people that have a problem with Kanye or myself are people who are complacent in life. People don’t like to be pushed. It’s like annoying. It’s a thing when people are pushing you to be greater, and we push each other to be greater. So of course there are times when we’re in the studio and we’re yelling, but that’s about it. I would never disrespect that man. I have so much respect for him.”

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am