Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Rick Ross Being Sued



Rick Ross Being Sued
Rapper Rick Ross is in the middle of a trademark infringement suit over his 2010 albumTeflon Don. Ross is being sued by rapper Donald Askey, Jr.; who goes by the stage name of Teflon Don. Askey claims that Ross and DJ Khaled--along with Universal Music Group, Slip-N-Slide Records, Def Jam Recordings and Maybach Music Group are all guilty of trademark infringement.
The suit officially charges all parties with “trademark infringement, common-law trademark rights, trademark delusion, unfair competition, tortious interference and fraud and identity theft," for using the 'Teflon Don' name. Askey alleges that he worked with Khaled as far back as 2007, and now claims that Ross' use of the moniker has hindered his own success as a recording artist.
"It is almost belittling to me because the music he [Rick Ross] puts out is almost demeaning and the music that I put out is more positive," Askey said. "We have two different crowds and it is making me lose clientele based on the fact that they think that I am a negative rapper.”
"I'm building a name, I'm building a brand and for someone to come with an album and an alias the name Teflon Don and they have big budgets to put behind it, it blocks me from progressing,” he added. “I was climbing the ladder and it feels like I went straight downhill and I don't feel like that's fair."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not fair but the complainant still sounds like a bitch. I think whom ever is in charge should be held accountable.

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am