Thursday, September 8, 2011

Kelly Rowland Had Skin Color Issues?


Kelly Rowland opened up about her issues with her darker complexion as a youngster. Rowland came to fame as a member of R&B group Destiny's Child when she was still a teen, and she says that she was still wrestling with her skin color issues as an adolescent.
“There’s so much peer pressure growing up, I had an identity crisis. I went to a predominantly white school and I was the only black girl," says Rowland. "I can remember thinking: ‘I don’t want to be as dark as I am – I want to be a little fairer.’ I didn’t want to be me."
She says that Tina Knowles, mother of her superstar DC bandmate Beyonce, helped give her confidence in herself.
"Tina sat me in front of the mirror and said: ‘Girl, look at how pretty you are,'" says Kelly. "She made me feel comfortable in my own skin."


No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am