Monday, October 10, 2011

Diggy Simmons Won't Curse

Young rapper Diggy Simmons has said that he won't be writing R-rated rhymes any time soon. The son of hip hop legend Rev. Run, Diggy says that people always ask him what his father thinks of his lyrics; he points out that he doesn't say anything in his raps that would shame his family.
"When people hear me say certain types of things, they say, I wonder what Rev would think," Diggy told 93.9 WKYS. "I wouldn't say anything in the first place that would be shameful to my family anyway, but I am me at the end of the day. That's not even me trying to be clean. I don't need it, I don't need to curse in my rhymes or in any of my songs."
"Honestly, I haven't really sat down and said, when I'm older I'm gonna curse or when I'm older, I'm not, but I don't see myself cursing anytime soon," he said. "I don't think I should ever use it, honestly. I guess I'm making the decision now, I'm never gonna curse. There's no point."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am