Saturday, October 1, 2011

T.I. Gives Post-Prison Interview

T.I. officially returned home this week after serving an 11-month sentence for violating his probation in September of 2010. He talked to V-103 about his outlook and his time locked away.[video here] He also revealed that he wasn't happy with the 'new T.I.' that emerged in 2009 after he was sentenced to prison for weapons possession.
"When I went through everything I was going through, [I became] the new, sophisticated, Paper Trail, upper echelon T.I.," he said. "All of those people [who liked this new T.I.] were the ones quickest to give me their back pockets to kiss. The ones who really stayed down with me was them Bank Head natives. The ones who supported them first two albums. So I feel like I'ma stay down with who stayed down with me."
"I owe that to myself. I really don't owe anyone any explanation. I think I had to grow to that point. I can't live for ya'll. Ya'll like my music and I appreciate that. Ya'll like me as a person and I appreciate that wholeheartedly. However, I don't owe all these explanations to all these different people I don't even know," he continued. "If you have disagreements with the way I move, with the way I operate, that's fine, you're entitled to it. But at the end of the day, I got to live my life for these people. For my family, for my children, and I'm going to do what's best for them. You don't have to believe me. And I can't make you believe me. There's nothing I can say to make you believe me. But I got to live my life for [my family]."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am