Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Shaq Reveals All In Book?

Retired NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal may not be returning to his hip hop career, but the Diesel has just released a tell-all book that revisits another infamous part of his history: his legendary feud with former Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant. Shaq reveals exactly what was going on behind the scenes between the two during their eight-year tenure as teammates.
"So I’m on edge because I don’t have a new deal, and Kobe is on edge because he might be going to jail, so we’re taking it out on each other," Shaq shares. "Just before the start of the ’03-’04 season the coaching staff called us in and said, 'No more public sparring or you’ll get fined.' … Phil [Jackson] was tired of it. Karl Malone and Gary Payton were sick of it. … So what happens? Immediately after that Kobe runs right out to Jim Gray and does this interview where he lets me have it. He said I was fat and out of shape. He said I was milking my toe injury for more time off, and the injury wasn’t even that serious. (Yeah, right. It only ended my damn career.)"
"He said I was 'lobbying for a contract extension when we have two Hall of Famers playing pretty much for free.' I’m sitting there watching this interview and I’m gonna explode," Shaq says. "Hours earlier we had just promised our coach we’d stop. It was a truce broken. I let the guys know, 'I’m going to kill him.'"
Shaq's Uncut hits shelves on November 15th with reportedly more about Kobe, his rap career and failed marriage.

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am