Monday, December 5, 2011

Kanye Thanks Jay-Z & Beyonce

Kanye West took time out during his "Watch the Throne" tour's recent stop in Chicago to pay tribute to his late mother, Donda West. He also gave a shout-out to Jay-Z and Beyonce for their support during the darkest time in his life.
"It's a glorious occasion," Yeezy told fans. "But right now I want y'all to put two fingers in the air right now. I wanna dedicate this show to the lady that brought me to Chicago at age three, the first black female chair of the English department at Chicago State University, Dr. Donda Claire Ann West. I know she up there looking down right now and she helped me get through these past four years, when America turned they back on me, when the world turned they back on me for tellin' ya'll the motherf*cking truth -- and now I'm leading the Grammy nominations. And I just wanna thank Beyoncé and Jay-Z for standing by me in my darkest hours and you, Chicago, for standing by me in my darkest hour and giving me reason to feel like I should stay alive when the world thought I should die and staying by my side."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am