Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mac Miller Is Staying Indie

Mac Miller doesn't see the benefits of signing with a major label. The indie star was featured on Forbes "30 Under 30" list, and shared that he's happy without being under the thumb of a powerhouse.
“So my whole thing is, I’m more into keeping independent because I’m more into working with people who I know very well,” he said. “But if I reach a point where there’s things I can’t do, which we haven’t reached that point yet, but if I ever reach a point where there’s something I can’t do and I need some help with a major, who knows. I’m not anti-major, like 'I hate the majors.' I’m not that type of person.”
He also acknowledged that there will be critics who will compare him to his contemporaries for obvious reasons.
“People are going to call me Eminem maybe cause I’m white, or Wiz ‘cause I’m from Pittsburgh and that’s my friend. But I don’t really worry about comparisons, because when it’s all said and done, there will be no more comparisons," he added. "I’m a 19-year-old kid and fairly new at this.”

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am