Monday, December 26, 2011

Nipsey Hussle On Mac Miller

Nipsey Hussle voiced his support for indie rapper Mac Miller in a recent interview. Nipsey said that he respects Miller's below-the-radar hustle, and he was surprised to see how much Mac's career has blossomed without the help of a major.
"You know Mac Miller--he a cool cat and I had been conscious of what he was doing from a distance," Nipsey said. "But I was walking through the mall or something or the airport one day and I see a Billboard [magazine] [...] I see who's on the cover of the Billboard and it was Mac Miller, and me knowing him as being independent and not having a huge radio presence, that was big to me."
"When I saw that I twipic'd it and I put it on Twitter," Nipsey explained. "I just gave him his props on that and was just like 'That's big.' You know, it's a sign of the times that we living in and you know he hollered back. ... It was you know just kicking it and played some music and all that and was just talking about the industry and I was just telling him how I really respect what he's doing and it's motivation for an artist like myself that's doing it independent right now to see somebody even before he put out a No. 1 album he was... so I just wanted to give him his props on that... so he's cool and we hit it off and knocked a couple records out."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am