Thursday, December 22, 2011

Jeezy Discusses 2Pac's Influence


Young Jeezy's latest album,TM103: Hustlerz Ambition is expected to debut strong next week on the charts, and the rapper took some time to reflect on the artists that influenced his career thus far. While name-dropping southern rap legends that paved the way, Jeezy revealed that the music of hip hop icon 2Pac has had a tremendous effect on his work.
"Definitely UGK, 8Ball, MJG. I think one of my biggest inspirations was Tupac Shakur," Jeezy says. "He didn't give a f*ck and believed in what he believed in. I'm like that at times. I'm in my own world. I could give a f*ck about what anybody else has going on. I'm gonna make sure mine is straight. Every day I get up, I could care less about what's going on the world as far as the world. I care about what's going on in my world. I think that's how he was. He was just like 'F*ck it! This is my movement and I don't care about nothing else. I live and I die for this sh*t' and that's how I feel. I'll live and I'll die for this sh*t. Tomorrow is cool. Let's do it. I'm cool with that."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am