Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Papoose On Nas Vs. Jay

In may be ancient history, but hip hop heads still love to discuss the decade-old beef between Jay-Z and Nas. Rhymer Papoose gave his take on the infamous feud, and says that Nas' "Ether" clearly trumps Jay's "Takeover."
"To keep it real with you, there was a lot of great battles, but I've got to say, I can't even say great battle but just to see somebody get annihilated? I've got to say Jay-Z and Nas," Pap said in an interview when asked to name his favorite rap battle. "That was decapitation, man. ... It's not rocket science what happened. That's one of the great battles, there's other ones too though, in hip-hop history. I can go on and on, but that's one that stands out. ... It wasn't an age thing but a lot of people were sleeping. Like, 'It's over! Jay-Z killed him!' I was like, 'Aight, watch.' I knew it was coming, man."
Funny, then Jay-Z became Nas' boss over at Def Jam and went on to sell more albums than he ever had before.
So who really 'won?

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am