Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Erica Mena Focused On Music

Model-turned-singer Erica Mena is focusing on her music. She's a mom, as well--and a reality TV star on "Love & Hip Hop." But fans aren't quick to embrace models-turned-anything--as the less-than-stellar responses to music from Amber Rose and Somaya Reece have proven.
But Mena says she's not giving you what you expect.
"Right now, it's definitely about the music and trying to figure out what we're going to be putting out, but I'm really excited," Mena told SOHH. "I think you guys are going to be surprised and won't know what to expect is coming from me. I try to dedicate as much time as possible for the music. I try to put in studio time while my son is in school or after he's home and asleep. It really depends on what's going on because all of my days are different. Right now, any little bit of studio time for me is liberating. Even if I only get an hour a day, I'm in the studio writing, recording and doing as much as possible. For me, it's definitely about perfecting the craft and making sure what I deliver is something I feel proud of."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am