Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Janet Jackson On Whitney Houston:

Pop superstar Janet Jackson talked to CNN's Anderson Cooper about the sudden death of fellow diva Whitney Houston. Jackson shared her memories of interacting with Whitney over the years and offered some advice to Houston's teenage daughter Bobbi Kristina in her time of mourning.
"It's very, very devastating and I pray for her and her family, even Bobby. I mean, he's going through so much," Janet said. "They are all going through so much. The mother, it's very sad."
"She was known as the voice. When she would open her mouth and this instrument would come out you would obviously understand why," Janet continued. "She was such a sweet sweet soul. Especially back in the early 80s and early 90s is when I connected with Whitney the most. It doesn't matter if we were doing an awards show. We would always take the time out to find one another. Either she'd come to my dressing room to say hey and I'd be in makeup or I'd find her in her dressing room to say hey, we always found time to talk to one another. She was such a sweet soul."
"It's a very very tough time. Even though it’s still a loss. I lost my brother, she lost her mother. There's still a difference, even though there's a still a loss to a family, I don't know what that's like being so young," she said. "It was hard for me. It was very very difficult for me. I didn't want to accept it, it's very difficult. You have to come to terms at some point, you have to actually give it up to God and it sounds so mean but you have to move on you can't hold onto that because it can be very devastating. Sometimes therapy is the best thing."
"You figure out a way to move on. It's always right here," Janet said about coping with the loss of a loved one. "There's never a day, not one day has gone by where I don't think about my brother and my other brothers and sisters say the same thing."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am