Monday, February 6, 2012

Pharrell On Working With Jay-Z

Superproducer Pharrell Williams discussed his recent busy schedule working with the Oscars and producing Jay-Z's ode to his newborn daughter. Pharrell shared some of the ins-and-outs of working with Oscars musical producer/composer Hans Zimmer.
"We have to reinterpret some of the music for the nominees," Pharrell explained. "We have to do other music as well that is at times new and original and at others borrowing from movie scenes."
"It's an honor for me because I get to be mentored, creative, and credited for learning under the auspices of somebody like him," he continued. "I'm always honored when he takes my direction and to have direction come from him. It's really been this interesting collaborative thing. But for me, secretly, it's still like school and I love it."
On working on Jay-Z's song "Glory," Pharrell said, "[T]hat was another covert operation. Everything was by design. That's all I'll say."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am