Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Machine Gun Kelly Discusses Influences

Machine Gun Kelly spoke with Nardwuar about his love of the punk rock and hip hop that influenced him earlier in his life. Speaking with interviewer Nardwuar, MGK commented on two albums--Anti-Flag and Ludacris' Word of Mouf album.
“This was probably one of my favorite bands growing up, definitely a huge influence on me in middle school," he said of Anti-Flag. "I fought to get the theme song for our DVD we have coming out. God dude, this is f**king nuts.”
“I was actually on a road trip and me and my friend were in the backseat. His dad was taking us. In my CD player was Limp Bizkit,Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water. And in his CD player was this record right here," he said of Word of Mouf. "He was like, ‘Dude switch with me.’ And we switched and I listened to this, and I heard ‘Roll Out’ and everything else on here. I was like, man, f**k that sh*t, I’m going to listen to this. This and DMX were what started me up. “

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am