Friday, March 9, 2012

Nicki Minaj Done With Labels

Nicki Minaj sounds like she's done being forced to decide if she's a pop or hip hop star. The Young Money superstar says she's not concerned with labels any more and her upcoming album won't be defined by conventional thinking or approaches.
"I’m not going to break my album down based on percentage of rap and singing," she says. "What it is, is amazing music. And what it is, is music that I created and I had a blast making and it’s going to be very free and exhilarating."
"It’s going in a very free, exhilarating direction in terms of me owning who I am and me enjoying the process of making music," she adds. "I think that when you get the album you’ll feel as if I had absolutely no boundaries. That’s probably the best way to explain it so that you understand. The album just has no boundaries. The album cannot be boxed in."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am