Friday, March 2, 2012

Too $hort Recalls Working With Dr. Dre

Too $hort reminisced about working with fellow West Coast legend Dr. Dre. In a recent interview with VIBE, $hort recalled sharing time with the legendary producer as the two worked on a track for Dre's long-awaited Detox project.
"[Dr. Dre] had this song it was called 'Man’s Best Friend' - aka 'P***y' - and from what I understood he kept getting people to rap on it,” explained Too Short. “And Dre is a perfectionist. He didn’t like what they were doing on it and he didn’t plan on using it."
"Then somebody suggested my name, so he called me in. I’m not even gonna lie to you, the rap that I did for Dr. Dre, I didn’t write the rap," $hort says. "Kurupt’s little brother wrote it - Roscoe - and he pimped me one hell of a sixteen-bar verse. Dre had me in there, the first session was nine hours."
"You know how cool Dre is? This is how cool Dr. Dre is—he asked his people, ‘how much does Short want for the verse?’" $hort shared. "And when I said what I wanted his response was, ‘Pay him double.’ That was the homie. I had never had anyone get at me like that."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am