Tuesday, March 20, 2012

?uestlove Planned A Winehouse Group?

?uestlove of the Roots revealed that late soul singer Amy Winehouse had hopes to create a supergroup. ?uest reflected on his friend and their bond while also sharing a few details about the group-that-might-have-been--which would have featured Amy, rapper Mos Def and singer/songwriter Raphael Saadiq.
"She's such a jazz snob. I couldn't stand it, but I was obsessed with it because once we exchanged information, she would always be on her computer sending me MP3s (like), 'Listen to this,'" he shared. "We spent a lot of time on Skype talking about crazy ideas and she schooled me about Sarah Vaughan. I schooled her about J Dilla. And she was like, 'All right, we're going to start a super group. You, me, Mos (Def) and Raphael Saadiq.' I was like, 'OK.' And she assigned homework: 'All right, study this record.' ... I really miss not having her here to school me on jazz; I thought I was a music snob, and I thought I had my doctorate in jazz, but no. There's so much more I could have learned. She's a teacher."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am