Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Eve Scolds Nicki & Iggy Azalea?

Eve has taken the high road in the highly-publicized feuds between some of her fellow female rappers, but now the respected femcee is giving her honest opinion about some of the younger generation picking up the microphone. In a recent interview with Women of Hip Hop, the Philly rhymer talked about numerous women in rap--but had some particularly eye-catching comments about superstar Nicki Minaj and newcomer Iggy Azalea.
"It's not about publicity. It's about wanting that respect," Eve said in an interview. "I think maybe that's where Kim is coming from, like, you're doing your thing right now and no one can take that away from you, Nicki--we all see it--but at the end of the day, if it wasn't for Kim, she wouldn't be here and that sh*t is real."
Later in the interview, E-V-E shared her opinion on Iggy Azalea and Azealia Banks. She likes latter more than the former.
"I like Azealia Banks. I think her style is dope. If you listen to her lyrics, she knows how to wordplay and I think that's cute," she said, before adding, "I'm not really into the Iggy Azalea chick. I can't really f*ck with her music, but her look is crazy. I just can't believe it."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am