Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Nicki Irked By Gaga Comparisons

Nicki Minaj doesn't like to be compared to Lady Gaga. The Young Money rapstress made that much clear during an interview with "Nightline's" JuJu Chang. She tried to make it clear that there are no similarities, but probably didn't little to stop the comparisons.
She did bristle when asked if the Gaga talk offended her.
"Offend me? No. Irk me? Yes. First of all, I’m a rapper. I’m from Southside, Jamaica, Queens. What are the similarities? Let me turn the cameras and ask you," she said. "Wigs? Every female in this game wears wigs."
"Over-the-top costumes? Ehhh…try again," she added. "No. It’s just getting tiring. In the beginning I was like “ok, it’s cool. Haha, when they get to know me they’ll understand”. I mean GaGa is a fantastic artist. She’s paved her way. She’s opened her own lane. I feel like I have my own lane. And we never cross…ever."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am