Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nicki Minaj Isn't Concerned With Beef

Nicki Minaj stopped by the Breakfast Club and talked candidly about being seemingly the most hated on woman in hip hop. While a certain Queen Bee has found a second career in dissing the Young Money starlet, Nicki told DJ Envy she's not losing sleep over anyone else's issues.
"I don't go at nobody, Envy. I don't say anything to them," she said. "What's so interesting is that you guys always think I'm talking to somebody in particular. A lot of times, I'll be talking to people y'all have no idea I'm talking to, which is interesting," she said. "I'm good, and when I say that, I mean I'm not writing records about any girls in the game past or present, I wish you the best. And I really mean that. We went at it, the best woman won and I'm ready to move on. People make it a bigger deal than I make it."
"I don't worry about that stuff as much as you guys worry about it. I'm having fun," she continued. "For my first album, I wasn't really having fun. I was still figuring myself out as an artist, I was too busy caring about what critics thought. Now, I'm actually enjoying myself. So in terms of the girls, I said before, when a door opens for me, that means you just got another opportunity to do you. I told Charlamagne, in order for my theory to prove right, these girls have to come in the game and now get deals because of Nicki Minaj. I said this would happen. If these girls don't like me, that's fine. But watch your mouth."
"I always did [pay respect,]" she says. "I bowed down to everybody. I gave everybody their props, because I really believed that you guys opened doors for me and y'all did y'all thing. But when people start going at me, I think a lot of people thought I was going to crumble when people started going at me. People don't know how I'm built."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am