Thursday, May 24, 2012

Nicki Minaj's Unlikely Inspiration

Nicki Minaj revealed in a recent interview that former Murder, Inc. head Irv Gotti inspired her tune "Moment For Life." She says that Gotti told her to embrace her burgeoning fame.
Inspiration can come from the unlikeliest places.
"When I was writing my first album, Pink Friday, I had a conversation with one of my really good friends, his name is Irv Gotti, and we had this really interesting conversation where he told me ‘enjoy this moment, you’ll never get this moment ever again,’ you’ll never be the ‘new girl on the scene’ ever again," she said.
"And so I went into the studio, I heard this amazing track, and right there in the moment I kind of wished I could freeze everything that was happening because it just felt so exciting, people were all of a sudden interested in me," she continued. "As an underground artist, I wasn’t really use to that."
"I just started singing 'I wish that I could have this moment for life,'" Nicki says. "I went in the booth and started singing it. I never wrote it down. I just felt that’s what the track was saying."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am