Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rita Ora Praises Jay-Z's Guidance

Rita Ora is one of Roc Nation's most talked-about up-and-coming artists, and the singer has been hard at work prepping her debut album for Jay-Z's imprint. Ora spoke at-length about what it's been like for her coming under the tutelage of one of the industry's biggest and most respected names.
"When I signed to Roc Nation, I was 18. At 18, I was basically singing anything [and] talking about something that I didn't really know," Ora says. "When we recorded a few songs... the good thing about having a musician who is also your boss, is [having him] say, 'Are you happy with it?'
"I was like, 'I don't know.' He taught me about patience and they [Roc Nation] taught me how to find myself," she continued. "I came back one day, and I swear, and I was like, 'You know what? We need to do something else. And we flipped it."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am