Thursday, June 7, 2012

Erykah Badu Blasts Wayne Coyne Vid

The Flaming Lips and Erykah Badu video for their cover of Roberta Flack's "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" shocked some fans with its explicit nude images and strange imagery. Badu initially seemed to embrace the clip, but has now released a scathing note aimed at Lips' frontman Wayne Coyne for releasing the video without letting her see the final edit.
"You showed me a concept of beautiful tasteful imagery (by way of vid text messages). I trusted that. I was mistaken," she wrote. "Then u release an unedited, unapproved version within the next few days. That all spells 1 thing, Self Serving. When asked what the concept meant after u explained it, u replied, 'It doesn't mean anything, I just want to make a great video that everyone is going to watch.' I understood, because as an artist we all desire that. But we don't all do it at another artist's expense...you begged me to sit in a tub of that other sh*t and I said naw. I refused to sit in any liquid that was not water. But out of RESPECT for you and the artist you 'appear' to be, I didn't wanna kill your concept...sooo, I invited Nayrok, my lil sis and artist, who is much more liberal [than I], to be subject of those other disturbing (to me) scenes. I told u from jump that I believed your concept to be disturbing. But [I] would give your edit a chance. You then said u would take my shots (in clear water/ fully covered parts -seemed harmless enough) and Nayrok's part (which I was not present for but saw the photos and a sample scene of cornstarch dripping ) and edit them together along with cosmic, green screen images ( which no one saw) then would show me the edit. Instead, u disrespected me by releasing pics and rough vid on the internet without my approval. (Contract breech) That is equivalent to putting out a security camera's images of me changing in the fitting room."
"As a human I am disgusted with your what appears to be desperation and poor execution. And disregard for others," she continued. "As a director I am unimpressed. As a sociologist I understand your type. As your fellow artist I am uninspired. As a woman I feel violated and underestimated...you can KISS MY Glittery A**. O and Nayrok told me to tell u to kiss her a** too."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am