Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Nas Voices Support For Obama

Nas has always been a rapper with a certain socio-political perspective. While he's far from a 'political rapper' in the general sense, the Queensbridge native often speaks his mind regarding current events and issues. In a recent interview, Nasir Jones shared his thoughts on President Barack Obama.
“I support Barack Obama and everything he does,” said Nas. “It’s just a hell of a game and I never paid too much attention or cared about a president’s life until he got into office. I didn’t feel they cared about my life. I just feel like it’s a hell of a job. I think he cares about all Americans. And we can say, me being a black man, I’m proud to have that kind of black man in office because it takes that kind of black man…A lot of people want him to cater only to African Americans on their time, when they’re ready for him to do so. That’s ridiculous.”

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am