Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Rosenberg, Angie Martinez Address Controversy

Hot 97 DJs Angie Martinez and Peter Rosenberg both spoke at-length about the ongoing controversy surrounding Nicki Minaj pulling out of her set at this year's Summer Jam following Rosenberg's derogatory comments aimed at her.
Martinez says that she agreed with fellow Hot 97 personality Funkmaster Flex, who said that all sides are out of order in the incident.
"When [Flex] said that last night, I was like, 'And good night!' Grand opening, grand closing," she joked. "At some point, somebody could've stopped this. Behind the scenes, things happen all the time - it's the truth. Labels argue with the station, we argue with the artists, we kiss, we make up. We all are just trying to do our jobs…and provide for the listeners, the artists are trying to make music - we're trying to work together. Sometimes, we have disagreements. Most of the time, they get resolved; this did not get resolved. It happened in the middle of Summer Jam when Ebro is dealing with a hundred artists [and] a million backstage passes."
"I'm sure Nicki felt [disrespected] about [what Rosenberg said]…[Rosenberg] probably didn't realize it was going to be such a big deal, I think he was just in the zone," she continued. "In my personal opinion, maybe not the best time to have said that when she's coming to the building…but I still think they should have performed. It wasn't that serious, and honestly, they probably would've resolved it if everybody had just calmed down."
For his part, Rosenberg wasn't apologetic or contrite or even remorseful regarding his part in the entire debacle. He called out Minaj's boyfriend/sideman Safaree for statements he made on Twitter.
"Nicki's boyfriend went on Twitter and said he was gonna punch me in the face because I don't like a pop dance song that his girlfriend made," Rosenberg said on the air. "Word homie? That's your favorite song? Is that your favorite song? A girly a** dance pop song?," Rosenberg said. "I'll tell you what Nicki's boyfriend, you want to punch me in the face because I don't like pop dance songs? Please go right ahead. Yeah, and make that check payable to Peter E. Rosenberg. I got you! I got you! [You gonna sue?] Absolutely!"

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am