Monday, August 20, 2012

Big Sean Dismissed His 1st Album

Big Sean is prepping his sophomore album, but he spoke to HipHopWired about his 2011 debut project, Finally Famous, and revealed that he was never satisfied with the album. He voiced his disappointment, but added that he's used the experience to inform his approach the second time around.
"I ain't really like it that much," said Sean in the interview. "On the first album I wasn't really in love with every single one. I just think it was a timing thing, I just started getting into the groove I was starting to feel comfortable right when it was due. Really when it was past due, and it kind of f**ked me up.”
"You live and you learn and I'm glad it went like that. I'm glad my first album was the way it was and I'm glad the second album is the way it is shaping up to be," he said. "I think my first album had a lot of radio songs on it and that is an important part of things and it is a necessity you have to establish. At least radio knows me now as a presence and now they'd be willing to take more chances on me and that's what this second album is. It's all about taking chances. [The second album's] a little bit more personal and making some new sh*t for the radio instead of trying to go for something else."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am