Thursday, September 13, 2012

Wiz Khalifa Explains Album Delays

Rapper Wiz Khalifa explained the delaying of the release of his highly-anticipated sophomore album, O.N.I.F.C. Speaking to Complex, Wiz revealed that there are some creative differences between himself and his label, Atlantic Records.
"Atlantic likes O.N.I.F.C.,” said Wiz. “But they want more obvious singles because that’s what sells it for them. My belief in the record is what sells it to me."
"It’s not a conflict," cautioned Wiz. "You just have to communicate so everybody understands it.”
“When you’re working with other people, you figure out how much you do for them and how much you do for yourself,” he explained. “You can’t just be an artist fighting for your opinion and that’s it. The label has to understand artists. I wanted to make Rolling Papers when I madeRolling Papers, now it’s time for O.N.I.F.C. Now we’re going to do it exactly how I want to do it to see how that works. It can’t be one-sided.”
“When you start forcing things, you lose people,” added Wiz. “I never want to do that because none of my favorite artists have ever done that to me—i.e., Juicy J. You know what’s right and you know what’s wrong. You know when you’re forcing it and when you’re just laying it down. I’m trying to do more laying it down than forcing it. That’s how you become legendary.”

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am