Monday, May 23, 2011

Gravediggaz Announce Reunion



Gravediggaz Announce Reunion
Horrorcore pioneers Gravediggaz have announced their reunion. With the buzz surrounding shock rappers like Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All, the time appears to be right for the group, who virtually invented the style in the mid-90s, to reunite. Shabazz the Disciple, Frukwan, and RZA have already completed tracks. Prince Paul has yet to contribute, but is looking to take part in the project as well.
"RZA had called me last March -- he's like 'Yo, it's Gravediggaz time,' " explained Shabazz the Disciple. "I went down there; him and Frukwan (The Gatekeeper) already started on some songs. I went down there, did a couple of songs at his crib. Killah Priest was there. It was crazy 'cause me, Killah Priest, RZA and Frukwan was together in the studio. That was like '94 all over again."
"With everybody's schedules, it's kinda difficult to get everybody in one room right now. But, in the near future, it'll pop off," continued Shabazz. "It's almost done though, RZA told me all we need to do is three more songs, and it's a wrap. It was like a family reunion. It was like being away from your brothers for a minute, like being locked up. Like, I did a little 10-15, being away from my family, then I came home and I'm back with my family," the rapper continued. "It's a great feeling, not only for us, but for Hip Hop itself, because Hip Hop is suffering a famine. So, we're gonna create that balance that ya'll love us for."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am