Tuesday, August 9, 2011

9th Wonder On "Watch the Throne"



9th Wonder On ''Watch the Throne''
Superproducer 9th Wonder shared his early thoughts on the newly-released Kanye West/Jay-Z album Watch the Throne. The producer voiced his disappointment in the album via his Twitter page.
"It has nothing to with the STYLE of rap, subject matter, NOTHING..its the FEELING for me..u can KILL 50 people in a song as long as it bangs," 9th Wonder tweeted. "As a musician/beatmaker/active participant in hip-hop, I want to be SCARED when I hear something, like when I heard Aquemini...."
"It has nothing to do with samples vs. keys...cause I ROCKS with The Neptunes, Swizz, etc," he continued. "I understand expansion/experimentation in music, but its not for me."
"#WTT as a whole is not for me. I can rock with New Day & The Joy," he added.
"Lemme tell yall something, I am not a follower, never will be, if something is dope, cool, if not, then cool, but I don't follow. #STANDTALL," he said finally. "Thank you God for giving me the ability to listen to music objectively, despite how big the artist is."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am