Friday, September 23, 2011

DJ Khaled Discusses the N-Word

Miami's DJ Khaled defended his constant use of the N-word in an interview with DJ Green Lantern on Invasion Radio [video here]. Khaled, who is Palestinian, says he grew up using the word and thinks people should look at context. He feels he's earned the right to use the term as long as it's not negative.
"I'm a n*gga," Khaled said. "If somebody ever took that in an arrogant -- If someone thinks it in another way, they dumb. I grew up like that. It's slang. It's actually a positive word the way that I use it, the way that Ace [Hood] is using it. If you think like that, that goes back to the Internet. The hate."
"For me to say 'We the best, oooo weeee n*gga, we the best!' You know what I'm talking about," Khaled added. "N*ggas that's thinking that is dumb f*cks. Once again, I'd like to shout out the fans who love this music. What makes me mad, when I grew up, n*ggas was calling me sand n*gga. That's ignorant, because there's only one way to say it. You can't say, 'Yo what up my sand n*gga?' That's not the way we grew up in the streets -- When I say 'What up my n*gga,' I say that to Green all the time. 'What up my nig?' That's just me greeting you with love. But if somebody takes it another way, they dumb."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am