Thursday, September 15, 2011

J. Cole Finally Gets Jay-Z Track


After months of fan speculation as to whether or not J. Cole would get his highly-coveted Jay-Z guest spot on his upcoming album Cole World: The Sideline Story, the Jigga Man finally came through. Cole released the Jay-Z-assisted track "Mr. Right Watch" today (September 14) and his fans were able to exhale, finally.
Cole says he wasn't worried.
"I knew Jay was gonna be on [that song]. I knew he was going to do that," Cole says. "I knew as soon as we made it [like] ‘Watch Jay get on this. He was in L.A. and I got [there] that day around the VMAs or whatever. He actually pushed back the mastering, we went to mastering with no Jay-Z verse. I was like ‘oh okay cool, I guess he can’t do it."
“They were mastering the last song--and this is such a Jay-Z move--he called in and stopped the mastering and pushed it back like a week," Cole shared. "Only he can do that."
"Everything worked out, I’m a true believer that everything happens for a reason," he added.

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am