Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Memphis Bleek Is Still Working?

As Jay-Z has only solidified his place at the top of hip hop and become an even bigger force in the larger world of pop culture, one of his proteges seemingly fell off of the public's radar. But Memphis Bleek is here to remind people that he ain't dead yet.
His career, on other hand...well...
"I've been working for three years, four years, so, I've got a bunch of records," Bleek said in an interview. "I ain't released an album since 2005, 2006? It's 2011. It's almost like, I don't want to say this on national TV, but it's real. It's like selling drugs. You can't just get on the block and say, 'I got this.' You gotta give out some samples or who's gonna come buy it from you just because you got it? ... I want to give it away so people can appreciate it. I feel like I have to throw the big single out, the radio record, to make you appreciate the album and spend your hard earned money. I don't want to do that. I don't want to convince you that this is the best album. I just want to give it out and you decide."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am