Wednesday, October 12, 2011

9th Wonder Isn't Begging Drake For Work

9th Wonder was recently asked about working with Young Money superstar Drake and the producer had an interesting response. He says he'd love to collaborate with the Toronto rapper, but that he isn't going to beg to work with anyone.
"It's up to Drake man. You know it's, it's - I've never been one, after all the albums I've been on whether it be Jay-Z's, Destiny Child, Mary J Blige, Erykah Badu, Ludacris, Memphis Bleek, Lloyd Banks -- all the records I've done on a major level, I've never slept outside somebody's door with a demo cd. It's always been, '9th, I want you to rock on my record'. So maybe I'm spoiled, maybe whatever, but I am not into sitting down with an A&R and playing an A&R beats. Jay-Z kinda ruined all of that because I dealt with him directly. If I dealt with him directly, I'm not about to play no beats for no A&R's, that's wack."
" I dealt with him directly; I sat with Beyonce for 3 hours and played her beats. Well played all 3 of them [Destiny's Child] beats. It was just me and them. It wasn't me, the A&R dude and them. I've dealt with everybody directly, so I'm past that."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel the same way! Everytime time I have a meeting with an A & R, I always think to myself "How do you know the artist doesnt like it?" Smh

*iTunes search: Ghostra Nostra
Follow @Ghostdadon

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am