Amy Winehouse Cause of Death Revealed

Late soul singer Amy Winehouse died from fatal levels of alcohol in her system, according to Coroner Suzanne Greenaway. Greenaway decreed that Winehouse died from 'death by misadventure' attributed to accidental alcohol poisoning.
"The unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels (of alcohol) was her sudden and unexpected death," Greenaway said.
Winehouse's physician, Dr. Christina Romete, said she warned the Grammy winner the day before she died about her excessive drinking. Winehouse's family issued a statement following the coroner's revelation.
"It is some relief to finally find out what happened to Amy," the family shared. "We understand there was alcohol in her system when she passed away, it is likely a build-up of alcohol in her system over a number of days. The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time."
"She had started drinking again that week after a period of abstinence," the family's statement says. "It underlines how important our work with the Amy Winehouse Foundation is to us, to help as many young people and children as we can in her name. It means a lot to us and from the overwhelming messages of support we have had since Amy died, we know she meant a great deal to people all over the world. We want to thank everyone for that and for their continuing enthusiasm for the Foundation."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do they know what type of alcohol?!
Anonymous said…
bullshit.
Anonymous said…
My prayers nd good thoughts go out to the family nd to amy R.I.P. it is hard to get threw a death especially one like this I kno. It is great wut they r doin with the foundation keep it goin nd never give up.
Anonymous said…
widddiiiiit she died like a trooper
Anonymous said…
I hope that people out there get help!!! Alcohol kills people!!! RIP Amy!
Anonymous said…
why the hell would it matter what type of alcohol it was
Anonymous said…
any kind of alcohol will kill if enough is drunk, they should stop supermarkets from selling it, it is too readily available, then they wonder why people become alcohlics, rest in peace amy, you will be sadly missed. x
Anonymous said…
Try a massive overdose..Rip
Anonymous said…
It seriously has nothing to do with alcohol being readily available, it is the willpower not to do it, in tht case lets take food off the shelf as well will be less fat people if we dont have food readily available, RIP amy she has done more in her short life that most of us cannot imagine so all these smart comments are retarded, im glad the family is having this foundation in her honor
Anonymous said…
She should have took her ass to rehab but she said no no no.
Anonymous said…
R.I.P. SWEETHEART.
Lady Redd said…
So sorry Amy passed so early in her career. I loved every song she sang. Love you Amy. Save a spot for me!!
Anonymous said…
like a lot of people i won't miss her. she didn't die from murder people, she was weak minded enough to do this to herself.
Tasharrya Morris said…
Great artist with such a strong and soulful voice. Gone too soon...RIP Amy
Anonymous said…
I loved her music & she was very talented. Just wish she would have realized that too R.I.P Amy we will miss you.
Anonymous said…
that right praise the drunkard with a foundation built on shame and bullshit. you fucking people make this world pathetic...

Popular Posts