Thursday, October 27, 2011

Common Rejuvenated By No I.D.

Common reunited with longtime collaborator, producer No I.D., on his upcoming album The Dreamer, The Believer, and the Chicago natives immediately rekindled the chemistry they'd shared throughout the 1990s and early 2000s. In what tends to be a rarity in modern hip hop, No I.D. handles the production on the entire album.
For Common, the whole experience served as a reminder of his musical roots.
“I hadn’t worked with No I.D. for like 8 or 9 years,” he said. “We really hadn’t talked that much either, so reconnecting with him - especially as we’ve both grown as human beings, men, and artists - reminded me what I love music for and why I love hip-hop. It’s like, you’ve done this, you’ve been to the White House, you’ve done these things, but you’re still a hip-hop dude. It’s kind of a good reminder.”

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am