Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shyne Dropped From Def Jam?

Rapper Shyne was outspoken in his disapproval of former Def Jam president L.A. Reid, but it looks like he's followed Reid out the door. According to producer Ken Lewis, the rapper who is currently living in Israel as an Orthodox Jew has been dropped from Def Jam.
"Well, I mixed 18 songs for the upcoming album and produced two, but he got dropped from Def Jam [Records], and I haven't heard from him since," Lewis said in an interview. "That may not be common knowledge. [Laughs] That might get me in trouble. His release date was splattered as May 17 all over the world, but the day came and went, and I never heard from Shyne again. I don't really know what happened to him, I just know that as far as I'm concerned, I'm not a part of that record anymore."
No official word from Shyne or Def Jam regarding the rapper's current situation.


No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am