Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Steve Stoute On Working With Nas

Famed record executive Steve Stoute spoke with Complex magazine about the first time he worked with rapper Nas. Stoute explained how he met the Queensbridge and how he planned to help him launch his career.
Stoute says that his ambitions for Nas were huge.
“I had a vision for him. I felt like it was my job to make him the biggest guy in the world. I wanted the world to hear his music,” Stoute explained. “I didn’t want him to become a great lyricist but end up like Kool G Rap, a lyricist the world doesn’t get to hear. I felt like I could take the responsibility and make the Nas movement bigger and not keep it confined to the Tri-State area, so to speak. He allowed me to do that. When we were together, we made a lot of noise and I made him an international star.”

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am