Wednesday, October 19, 2011

T.I. Dismisses Critics

T.I. had some words for those of his critics that are still chastising the rapper for his back-to-back prison stints stretching from 2009 to 2011. In an interview with Funkmaster Flex, Tip explained himself, but remained defiant about his legal troubles and the peopel who refuse to forgive him for his mistakes.
"I've been rippin' and runnin' and doing what I've been doing since I was 12, 13, 14 years-old okay?" he said. "I'd say I [first] got in trouble when I was 27 years-old. That's thirteen years when I was doing what I was doing. So since I was 27--I'm 31 now--that's four years. So you mean to tell me that I can develop all these habits over the course of thirteen years, and you want me to kick [those habits] before four years? All of them? Ya'll gon' have to work with me."
"You might say, 'I don't see why he did that again'…It might not have took that long for you because you did not begin in the place where I began," he added. "Your circumstances were not my circumstances...People who know my circumstances and where I came from, they are applauding me. Standing ovations."
"In a day and age where a man is judged more on the mistakes that he makes, more so than the character of that man and the pure intent within his heart--so you mean to tell me that if I made no mistakes and kept a clean face but I was just a dirty, grimy slimeball--you mean to tell me you'd rather have that T.I?" he said. "Or would you rather have the guy that struggles within himself because he still cares about people?"

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am