Friday, November 4, 2011

Rakim Humbled By Hall of Fame Nod?

Legendary rapper Rakim opened up about his announced nomination for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Earlier this year the Hall announced that Eric B. & Rakim were up for induction in 2012 and Ra says he's still a little surprised by it all.
"I was speechless. You can almost say, 'Yeah, I made it,' getting nominated to that right there. It's a big accolade," Rakim told Complex. "If I get in, it'll definitely put the icing on the cake. To be noticed on that plateau, for me, is enough. It definitely lets you know that you're noticed, appreciated, and somewhat made it in music. But I've got other things to prove. I don't know why, but now it's like [I'm] proving you can be over 40, still be relevant, still be nice on the mic, and you can still be a beast. All of these things. It don't stop with me. I guess with the titles that I've been handed through the years, it inspires me to keep that up. If not, push it further."
Artists are eligible for the Hall 25 years after their first release. Though artists have been nominated for 2012, the official inductees won't be announced until early next year.

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am