Tuesday, December 6, 2011

50 Cent Defends Dr. Dre

Despite their long-standing friendship going through some rough patches recently, 50 Cent still stands up for his mentor Dr. Dre. The rap star defended the superproducers announcement that he plans to take a break and says that Dre has been a huge boost for his career and his latest project.
"Dre helped me a lot on this record. I went to Los Angeles, was working out there for a little bit. I was working on the Detox records, right. I keep saying to Dre, I'm like, 'Yo, you don't have to invent nothing. All they want is a strong version of what you gave last time,'" he says. "They need a new version of that. It's like Sade. She goes away for six years, and then she comes back with a new disc. You go, I love this sh*t! It reminds you of the f*ckin' sh*t that she gave you before she left. There's certain artists that have that luxury. You could go away and still be interesting enough to come for people to want to hear that effort. Dre is like that. As I'm busy telling him that, I go, 'Wait, maybe I'm bugging for some of the sh*t that I've been doing.' You know what I mean?"

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am