Friday, January 27, 2012

Nas Mentoring Tyga?

Young Money rapper Tyga received some unexpected mentorship from a hip hop legend. Queensbridge lyricist Nas gave the younger rapper some career and life advice in what Tyga says was an unexpected phone call.
"Yeah man, I sent Nas a song like six months ago and I never heard back from him but out of the blue, he called me like, 'Yo, you doing your thing. I want to be a part of what you doing, I like everything you doing. Keep working hard," Tyga tells XXL. "I sent him the 'Kings and Queens' that night and he did it the next day. I was like, that sh*t is crazy. Nas always talks that sh*t. The song, man, [his bars] added the cherry on top. It's a real classic song. People are gonna like it."
"I wanna think of a dope video," he added. "The storyline of the song, the whole King and Queens [theme], it's motivational."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am